Interactive Spec 2015 edition
[Berlin, 2015-02-18] Open a new chapter in the way to collaborate with system specifications. Almost 2 years after its first announcement, the 2015 edition of the Interactive Spec (German: "Interaktives Lastenheft") has been released. Reviewing our customer's and our own experiences, it has been newly conceived and rebuilt from scratch. The most important features are:
- Cross-linked content: Use content relations to navigate and audit. For example examine the requirements which must be satisfied by a system component or inspect which components are affected by a requirement.
- Full-text and faceted search: Filter and find effectively. Use combinations of attribute values to narrow down the hit-list. For example, list all requirements with priority 'high' and status 'submitted'.
- Easy access: Use a web-browser or a tablet and take advantage of the responsive layout.
- Quick navigation: Only minimal chunks of information are fetched from the server when the view is changed.
- Role-specific views: Focus on what is interesting to you. For example, suppress certain content types and attributes.
- Reports: Have a look at statistics on the project, e.g. what is the distribution of priorities or lifecycle states.
- Dynamic data-model: Choose the right object types and attributes needed in your application and even improve it later 'on the fly'.
- Standards: The latest W3C and OMG standards are adopted to assure best interoperability with other systems, e.g. the Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF) to connect to a variety of authoring tools, such as IBM Rational DOORS, PTC Integrity, Enterprise Architect, ARCWAY Cockpit and others.
The Interactive Spec uses the ReqIF Server as backend. It is responsible for transaction management, versioning and for access protection according to the role and permissions of the individual user. Providing permanent web-adresses for every object revision and versatile web-services, it is built to be part of a modern web infrastructure.